Thursday, April 23

Rick Ross Wants To Battle Eminem

Rick Ross is high on life. The reviews of his Deeper Than Rap album are in, they're positive, and the Miami slang sultan is all smiles. While in his hometown yesterday, he elaborated on a comment he made to DJ Envy last week in New York during an interview on Envy's satellite radio show. Ross said he was done with 50 Cent and may turn his focus to Eminem.

Speaking to MTV News, Ricky explained whether he meant competing with Slim Shady in rhyme battles or just making hit records.

"I mean, I'm a fan of Eminem," he said. "I'm a fan first and foremost. But after defeating Curly, my confidence is at an all-time high. Maybe before I wouldn't have challenged him, but I'm contemplating it now. The game is commending me for my victory. That's all I wanted to do was ... punish the opposition. I think I've done a great job and I'm gonna continue to do that."

Ross says opposing Em in a lyrical back-and-forth would stir his adrenaline more than his beef with 50 Cent.

"I think he's a bigger and better artist than what Curly is," Ross said. "So if I was looking to fulfill that excitement or that rush, that's who I have to address."

Maybe instead of a few rounds of Rick Ross versus Eminem, we may see a Rick Ross and Eminem collaboration — the Bawse also says he wants to guest star on Em's upcoming Relapse LP.

"I'm trying to be a part of that," Ross said. "It's either way. We gonna see each other one way or another."

On Tuesday, Ross' Deeper Than Rap hit stores, and he spent his late afternoon and evening signing autographs with DJ Khaled at the BrandsMart store in North Miami.

"It's something that's really heartfelt to me, being that I put so much into the music. It's a wonderful feeling," Ross said about the album dropping.

Source: MTV & RapBasement

0 comments:

Post a Comment