Friday, April 16

Eminem Was 'Open To Ideas' On New Music, Jim Jonsin Says

Jim Jonsin is a former Fire Starter and a repeat Behind the Beats subject. Jonsin is rolling with a string of hits for people such as Beyoncé, but the Miami beatmaker is ready for the world to hear his latest endeavor with a man he's been waiting to chop it up with in the lab for a while: Eminem.


"He was open to ideas," Jonsin recalled of working with Em on Recovery. "He was real respectful to my craft. He let me do what I do. He asked me ideas on some of the lyrics. We had ideas for lyric changes. Certain words may or may not work on radio. We talked about that. He had a setup outside of the room to do production, but I'd rather be in the room where he was at, and he was cool with that. And I knocked out a couple of joints in there while he was in there with me. He was pretty open and he let me do my thing. He did his thing. It was a pretty good experience."

Jonsin is leaving most of the info under wraps, but he did say Mathers went to a place where the producer had never gone before.

"We touched on something that I haven't done anything like that before," Jonsin revealed. "It's unique in a way for myself. It's a place I've been wanting to go, and I'm so happy he allowed it to go down. He played a huge part in the record. Without him on it, it's not the same. I don't wanna give up too much about what it is and what direction."

Double J also said Slim Shady is hungry and sounds like he did on his first couple of projects. "He's got some traditional Eminem on there, but he's definitely going in. The fans are gonna love it."

0 comments:

Post a Comment